Redtailboa.net

Redtailboa.net (http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/index.php)
-   Reptile Related News (http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Pet Boa Constrictor Predicts Seizures, Saves Owner's Life (http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75054)

KyleZ 03-13-2012 06:58 PM

Pet Boa Constrictor Predicts Seizures, Saves Owner's Life

Neat little article (I thought) that is refreshing in that it actually paints snakes/reptiles in a rare positive light...

Pet Boa Constrictor Predicts Seizures, Saves Owner's Life

stephany_jones 03-27-2012 02:41 AM

Re: Pet Boa Constrictor Predicts Seizures, Saves Owner's Life

Wow this is awesome! if only we could get them to accept reptiles, maybe then they would quit trying to ban them. I live in WV and own 7 snakes, and just found out (after it was to late) that they just passed a law to ban or require a permit for certain animals. We are still waiting for the list to see what is going to be put on the list, but im just praying its mostly for ACTUAL DANGEROUS pets (tigers, bears, etc.) not snakes that are completely harmless and non venomous!

HERPHAPPY 03-27-2012 02:48 AM

Saw a similar article about a year+ ago, but not sure if this is the same one or not? I think the first one was in the Northwest too? I think hey, whatever works!? And I'm all for showing snakes in a positive light!

the robins nest 03-27-2012 11:44 PM

Sweet maybe someday we'll have snakes as service animals.

frogmom 03-28-2012 10:35 PM

well....... it's a nice idea and story, but he would have to carry that boa around with him all of the time.( including the restaurant, bus or car, and during his preaching from the pulpit. )

and when he DID have the seizure who protects the snake from injury and crawling away to get lost while he recovers from the episode which can involve several minutes of forceful jerking followed by a long length of mental recovery time.

I think this is kind of a scam. Nothing against service animals, but this one doesn't quite fit IMO.

It is a great idea !

bbb13 03-28-2012 10:56 PM

Call me a skeptic but I'd have to see this in person a few times to believe it.

KyleZ 03-30-2012 04:53 PM

Whether or not it's feasible... I posted because it's a reptile-related article... One of the few out there that isn't obsessively focused on sensationalizing the presence of Burmese Pythons in Florida.

frogmom 03-30-2012 06:16 PM

It was a nice article. I liked it. :yes:

It is a shame I am too well versed in epilepsy to recognize it just wouldn't work, but most people aren't and it WILL give them a good impression.

Thanks.... sorry if I made you feel bad personally. didn't mean to ! FM

KyleZ 03-30-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogmom (Post 962095)
Thanks.... sorry if I made you feel bad personally. didn't mean to ! FM

No worries, it's all good. My feelings aren't that easy to hurt ;)