Redtailboa.net  

Go Back   Redtailboa.net > Reptile Misc > Caging / Housing for reptiles / Husbandry Items

Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 AM
The Resident Morelia Nut

New AP cages!

I just put 16 AP cages on my card. I'll be getting 8 six foots and 8 four foots. I can hardly wait the 4-5 weeks until they arrive! My girlfriend was accepted for grad school at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX), so we'll be moving out there the end of July. Getting cages that take up less room when moving was really the reason why I went with AP, plus the fact that everyone seems to like them. I'm really looking forward to moving to Texas, I wasn't at first but now I am. I'm ready to get out of Gainesville, see completely different wildlife, and have a chance to work in one of the largest mammal collections in the country.

I'm uber excited to get an entire wall of AP cages and have everything looking nice.

Now I just need to sell the Bush cages my kids are currently in.... Any takers in FL wanna help a brother out?
Ghostfish Herps - High quality carpet pythons and boa constrictors
iHerp - Do you?

Last edited by VexalUntil; 02-21-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 AM
The Boa Temptress

Send a message via AIM to Sakara Send a message via Yahoo to Sakara
Re: New AP cages!

you can come visit me lol
Old 02-21-2010, 05:22 AM
The Resident Morelia Nut

LOL, I was just looking up where Killeen was located. It'd be one heck of a drive, but do able.

Are you going to the NARBC show? .... Nevermind I found the post... I may be going to the show as well since I'll be moving there.
iHerp - Do you?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:23 AM
The Boa Temptress

very nice!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 AM
wants a bigger snake!

Wow! That is some serious caging! I cant wait to see pics

1.0 BCI - Pablo aka Hisser
0.1 BCI - Goldi
0.2 Carpet Pythons, Sydney & Hades
2 dogs, 1 devil cat,
1 FIsh Aquarium
Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 AM
halogen vacancy

Dang, I really like those bush cages you have. Alas, I am not in the position to acquire any thing else right now.

I think you will find the weather slightly drier in Lubbock than in Fl. The barbecue will be better, for sure.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:33 AM
The Resident Morelia Nut

Oh there will be some serious pic-age! I'm seeing a cage setting up party at my place when they come in...

I would have sold the cages twice now if I was able to ship them, but I really don't know how and don't want to deal with it.

I'm actually kinda worried about what the humidity will be and if I'll need to get a humidifier or something for the snake room...
iHerp - Do you?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 AM
I Really Need a Life !

Ka-ching ka-ching.... lol

I wish I could upgrade to either boaphile or AP cages... buuut perhaps later.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 AM
halogen vacancy

I thought Florida was supposed to be rather humid. The most humid part of Texas is closer to the gulf. Lubbock shouldn't be too bad, I don't think.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
The Resident Morelia Nut

It was in our best interest to get AP cages. We'll save money in the long run by having the cages take up less space when transporting since we plan to move at least once more times before we actually settle down. And since the T8s and T25s are on sale and they knocked $30 off the T11s I ended up saving about $1000 buying them all at once.
iHerp - Do you?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Pride and glory!

I really like Ali. My cage will be here between 11a-2p tomorrow, so we'll see how well I like her cages.

On a side note, I was a bit irritated with the wait.

"4-5 weeks" has been 8 weeks because "with all the snowstorms, we had quite a few call-offs and got a bit backed up."

In her line of business, I admit, I've got to give allowances, but thank God I didn't have a serious need for the thing on my hands, because 3 extra weeks put enough of a wrench in my plans as it was.

The carrier (ConWay Freight) is also a pack of jerks, and I won't bat an eyelash when I get my cage and it's destroyed tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:25 AM
The Resident Morelia Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroutinmt View Post
I thought Florida was supposed to be rather humid. The most humid part of Texas is closer to the gulf. Lubbock shouldn't be too bad, I don't think.
Yes Florida is rather humid. I've rarely had bad sheds. I'm worried about moving to Texas where the humidity will be significantly lower. Although recently, the humidity in my snake room has been 20-35% since I'm running a space heater in there. And one of my jungles just shed fine so maybe it won't be an issue.

AG - I hope that it won't turn into 8 weeks... 4 weeks already puts it mid March, 8 weeks would be mid April, then we'll be moving in July to Texas. Yeah for getting them, then turning around and breaking them down in a couple months
iHerp - Do you?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Pride and glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexalUntil View Post
Yeah for getting them, then turning around and breaking them down in a couple months
I can do you one better, Vex...

Ordered my first T25, was quoted 4-5 for completion and 3 day delivery. Worked out well because our lease was scheduled to expire on March 1st. Figure we get it, I'll leave it at work (where it's being delivered) and then just drop it off at the new place on my way home from work once we've moved in.

AEEEHHHT.

There was some confusion about when precisely we'd be moving, and now we're here until April 1st!

Getting my AP tomorrow, and it will be sitting at work for over a month. No point in taking it home and putting it together just to either A.) take it down again when it's time to move or B.) try and wrestle it out of here risking possible damage.

What is more, we can't use it anyway, because the fund that was being accumulated to be put toward my Herpstat and all the other trimmings (have everything ready when the cage gets here, slap it together, deco it up, badabam badabing - done) was liquidated to cover the month-to-month fee we were charged ($720 per month instead of $575) to stay here past our lease.

The cars were both in accidents, both out of commission, mine's been fixed, but the girlfriend's missed out on $600 in the last two weeks AT LEAST and we've still got to come up with the $700 for the new place - which we have, but it will be going there not to my AP.

If the thing had been delivered two weeks ago it would have been all right. Everything would have been bought and ready, even if it meant there was no point in using it.

Sasori's in no real hurry to be upgraded, but it sure would have been nice to have a new toy, especially when I dropped as much as I did for it.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:28 AM
The Beardie King!

Send a message via AIM to spike06 Send a message via Yahoo to spike06

aw man why would u want to leave g-ville??
i stopped there on my way back to atlanta last weekend and it was such an amazing place! not to mention all the hot chicks
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 AM
halogen vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexalUntil View Post
Yes Florida is rather humid. I've rarely had bad sheds. I'm worried about moving to Texas where the humidity will be significantly lower. Although recently, the humidity in my snake room has been 20-35% since I'm running a space heater in there. And one of my jungles just shed fine so maybe it won't be an issue.
That's pretty low humidity. I live in a very arid climate. The humidity is 45% in one of my carpets cages right now. That snake had a perfect shed two weeks ago at about that humidity. I've noticed that my carpets never seem to have a problem shedding with low humidity.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
The Boa Temptress

it's not too bad here. I only have to spray like once a week in my big cages and never in my bins lol.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:41 AM
The Resident Morelia Nut

AG - well what about approximately $2000 for us to get a semi to move us across country, then a unknown deposit on an apartment in Texas? You do beat me on the having it delivered, set up and not even used. That sux about your situation, bad timing for everything...

Farout - yeah I am pretty sure carpets don't need nearly the humidity people say they do. I used to mist my first two when they were babies, but now I hardly ever. My boas also shed without any issues, but I had the heater off last night. Heck even my chondro finally shed all in one piece, with the humidity that low... but I did happen to spray him the day before...

Glad to hear you don't have any isses in TX Sakara, I guess I'm worrying for nothing.

3-4 more weeks until expected arrival!
iHerp - Do you?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 AM
The Resident Morelia Nut

Oh and moving out of G'ville... trust me after being here for 6 years, graduating and not being into the bar/club/social scene I'm more than ready to move. It's a great place to visit, lots of cool natural places to walk around, but driving around is a real pain!

I'm ready to go somewhere else!
iHerp - Do you?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Pride and glory!

I got mine yesterday. Great quality. Yours may be delivered in a truck or two, lol.

Everything arrived safely, it was extremely well-packed and I'm pretty excited to get it put together.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:50 PM
The Boa Temptress

well you will have to let me know when you get here If you decide to come down this way there are a lot of parks and stuff to herp in here